I keep forgetting how to plot multiple graphs on a single plot. Then I came up with this wonderful blog and cheat sheet. Also check out Jake Vandeplas‘s chapter 4.08 from Python Data Science Handbook for a more comprehensive guide.
The chart explains the gender difference in school performance based on different states of india. Full project report
- 1st Encoding (lines): median values of performance for boys and girls
- 2nd Encoding (colored bars): difference in median values
- 3rd Encoding (circle size): count of values used to find median
Continue reading “Horizontal bar chart with 3 encodings using matplotlib”
This a tutorial is to make a filled bar chart with color-fill mapped to data. The chart was created for this project.
If you are a user of d3 for visualization, you might already know what a bl.ock is. Apart from Mike Bostock’s bl.ocks, often it is very hard to navigate/find a good examples which you can use and build on top. Since most of the d3 examples are new creative ventures, it is often hard to classify them and hence indexing. These are some websites where you can navigate bl.ocks of users :
- http://blockbuilder.org/search (Highly recommended)
- http://bl.ocksplorer.org/ (often not very helpful)
Below are some links on Data Visualization focused on using D3.js. These links are compiled from the Data Visualization course on Udacity. Continue reading “Notes on Data Visualization – D3.js”